Terms & Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR THE HOLIDAY RENTAL OF GRAFTON, PENNINGTON, HANTS.
Page 1 of 3
Please read this carefully. All bookings must be in writing and accompanied with the relevant payment.
Contacts - Mike & Tina Cussans, 9 Lime Grove. Woking, Surrey. GU22 9PW.
E mail – firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile. 07900 186652
1. We (Mike & Tina Cussans) will not be liable for any act, neglect or default on the part of any person nor any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience whether to person or property which the tenant or any other person may suffer or incur arising out of or in any way connected with the letting, or resulting from any other cause whatsoever. We strongly advise you to arrange insurance cover for yourself & your belongings whilst staying at the property.
2. If the booking is made within 2 calendar months of the commencement of the letting period the whole of the rental payment will be due upon booking.
3. If the booking is made prior to 2 calendar months of the commencement of the letting period a booking deposit of 30% is to be paid with the completed Booking Form.
The remaining balance will be due 2 calendar months prior to the commencement of the booking period by cheque or bank transfer.
The damages/key deposit of £200.00 is due 2 weeks before arrival – this needs to be cleared funds in our account at this point. If paying by cheque the damages/key deposit will be due 3 weeks before arrival. We reserve the right to cancel your booking if this payment is not received on time.
Please be aware that all cheques will be encashed.
Any bank charges incurred by us or the tenant from international payments are the responsibility of the tenant.
4. If a cancellation is requested more than 2 calendar months in advance of the letting period the balance of any monies paid, less the booking deposit, will be returned to the tenant. If a cancellation is requested within the 2 calendar months prior to the letting period the owner will retain the booking deposit and also reserves the right to retain the balance of the rental payment, should it not be possible to re-let the property. We will always endeavour to re-let the property though and if successful will refund any monies paid less any charges/fees for additional advertising or discounting. We strongly advise you to arrange insurance cover against cancellation for any reason. The security deposit will be refunded for all cancellations.
5. The number of people occupying the property may not exceed the number stated on the booking form & should only be those named on the booking form. Parties & gatherings of people other than named guests at the property must always have the permission of the owner.
There must always be at least one guest over the age of 25yrs who will accept responsibility for any damages, & for the property being left in a clean and tidy condition. This person must sign the booking form to that effect.
Terms & Conditions continued.
Page 2 of 3.
Adult groups please note the house is in a quiet area, not a resort, so it isn't suitable for parties/loud gatherings. The guests agree not to act in any way that would cause disturbance to the residents in neighbouring properties. Should a complaint be received by the owner then retention from, or loss of, the damage deposit may occur.
6. The tenant agrees to keep the property & all fittings, furniture, equipment & other contents in or on the property in a like state of repair and condition as at the commencement of the of the letting and will make good (or arrange with us to make good) any damage, breakage or loss that may occur during the letting period.
7. Unless otherwise stated the rental property includes rates, electricity and gas. The property is equipped with crockery, cutlery, bedding, linen, and kitchen & bathroom towels (not to be used as beach towels) and cleaning equipment. A set of bed linen will be provided for each bed & a set of bathroom towels will be provided for each guest. Towels are not to leave the property. The high chair & cot bed are available to borrow free of charge & do not form part of the rental agreement. Whilst every effort is made to ensure these items are in a safe & hygienic condition please check yourself before using them. Please note bedding is not provided for the cot, please bring your own.
We will supply a reasonable amount of tea bags, instant coffee, sugar, toilet rolls & kitchen rolls for your stay, should your needs exceed this please supply your own.
8. The landline telephone is for incoming calls & outgoing Emergency calls only. Excessive usage charges will be deducted from the security/key deposit.
9. When you book Grafton, you will be asked to confirm acceptance of our Booking Conditions. These include the terms and conditions for using the Wi-Fi service.
The service can be accessed only with the appropriate security code (WEP key) and password. This information will be provided on arrival or shortly before your stay. The terms and conditions require you, and all members of your group, not to disclose the security information to anyone else.
Users of the internet service: -
(a) do so at their own risk, using their own wireless-equipped computing equipment;
(b) understand that as the Broadband service is provided by John Lewis Ltd, and that they accept the John Lewis Ltd Internet Terms and Conditions;
(c) will not hold the owners of Grafton responsible for any loss or damage, however sustained;
(d) will not use the service for any unlawful purpose or use the service in any way which may violate or infringe the rights of any individual, firm or company or may be construed as defamatory, offensive, abusive, obscene or which may cause unnecessary anxiety or inconvenience to others;
(e) will have properly installed, up to date and functioning Firewall and Anti-Virus software;
(f) will not disclose the security code and/or password to anyone outside the family or party staying at Grafton.
(g) understand that the internet service is complimentary & free of charge, if for any reason the service is not available or suffers a breakdown there will be no recompense for that loss of service.
We reserve the right to suspend or cease WiFi service for improper use or for any technical reason without any liability, cost or notice.
The internet we provide is suitable for normal use of emailing & searching websites. It is not suitable for heavy usage, business purposes, downloading TV programmes & films, streaming etc.
Usage will be monitored & excessive usage will be charged for by deduction from the security/key deposit.
Equipment is not to be left permanently connected to the internet. Please disconnect when not in use.
Page 3 of 3
10. If for any reason you have a complaint it must be notified to Tina 07799624934 or Mike 07976 912994 immediately so that an on-the-spot investigation can be made if necessary and remedial action taken if required.
11. Holiday lettings are from 4pm on the date of arrival to 10am on the date of departure. If you would like to drop your bags off earlier on your arrival date please let us know so we can make arrangements.
12. The tenants agree not to smoke, nor to allow smoking, inside the property at any time, this includes any type of ‘vaping’ equipment. If this is not strictly adhered to it will lead to a deduction from the security deposit for additional cleaning. The use of candles, oil burners & any equipment involving naked flames is strictly prohibited.
13. Tenants are asked to leave the property clean & tidy and to ensure they take all their belongings with them. The high chair & cot bed must be left in a clean & hygienic condition. On changeover days a thorough clean & change of bed linen & towels takes place, but we rely upon the good will of our guests whose co-operation we greatly appreciate. Should the property be left in a poor condition, requiring more intensive cleaning, then this will be charged at £20.00 per hour & deducted from the security deposit.
14. Please make sure all windows are shut & doors locked before going out & on your last morning before leaving. Please turn off the heating & hot water on your last morning and leave the parking pass in the house.
15. The security/key deposit will be returned in full to the tenant within 1 week or less of the return of the keys & the parking pass to the owner unless any deductions have to be made in accordance with the conditions above.
16. The acceptance of the property from the owner will be deemed an acceptance of these Terms & Conditions.